As a business nbn™ accredited adviser, it is Qbit’s goal to give you the facts about the nbn™ broadband access network so that you can make an informed decision on which business nbn™ wholesale solution to implement for your specific needs.
The nbn™ access network requires a unique mix of technologies they call the Multi Technology Mix (MTM) comprising of;
- nbn™ Fibre to the Premise (FTTP),
- nbn™ Fibre to the Node (FTTN),
- nbn™ Fibre to the Basement (FTTB),
- nbn™ Fibre to the Curb (FTTC),
- nbn™ Hybrid Coaxial Cable (HFC),
- nbn™ Fixed Wireless and Sky Muster™ satellite are used mostly in regional and remote areas.
- nbn™ Enterprise Ethernet, Enterprise Fibre to your server room
The difference between each type of connection comes down to how nbn™ utilise existing network technology in connecting the nearest available fibre node to a specific premise, except for wireless and satellite solutions where connections are spread out geographically over many square kilometres.
Some technologies have different maximum speeds, and the quality of the connection can also vary. Every business site location has an assigned technology, with the option of upgrading to business nbn™ Enterprise Ethernet for customers who need high levels of speed, performance and reliability. Currently, nbn™ has a generous allowance to cover the install cost for business nbn™ Enterprise Ethernet to each location, so it is well worth considering.
nbn™ has three levels of Plans:
Many ISP’s name consumer plans, business plans because they add a fixed IP address. A true NBN business plan has all of the below features. When deciding on a plan it is extremely important to take into account the cost of downtime and thus the Service Level Agreement that comes with the plan.
Below is a table of retail solutions powered by nbn™ and the features of each
- This guarantee starts at the handoff at the interconnect which is where most congestion on the network starts.
- AEST Business Hours
- Average of under 15 seconds wait time WA business hours
As a business nbn™ accredited adviser we will work with you to understand the needs of each of your business sites to help you choose the best business nbn™ solution for your business, reducing your risk of issues and delays to help ensure a smoother process.